Falmouth ARB SEN Teaching Assistant
Falmouth ARB, located at Falmouth Primary Academy, is a member of the Special Partnership Trust, an ambitious and inspiring collaboration of specialist provision in Cornwall, with a focus on excellence in learning for everyone. We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic ARB Co-ordinator to work as part of a wider team at Falmouth ARB to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone with initiative and a willingness to become an active member of our friendly and professional ARB, where meeting the learning potential of our students is our highest priority. The successful candidate will be required to work alongside class teachers and teaching assistants and to follow any recommendations/guidance from multi agency teams. Experience of supporting students with complex and multiple learning needs or disabilities is a must, along with the confidence to manage emotional or behavioural difficulty.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years relevant experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good understanding of safeguarding children
- High quality planning, annotation and recording skills
- An ability to work on their own initiative and be self-motivated.
A commitment to continuing professional development is necessary; we work closely together and roles may be interchangeable to meet children’s needs.
In return, as well as your salary, the following benefits would form part of your total reward:
- 37 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) from start of employment with the Trust
- Local Government or Teachers Pensions Scheme with generous employer contributions and Death in Service benefits
- Employees Assistance Programme to support staff wellbeing
- Discounts on new O2 phone contracts and access to ‘Extra Special’, the Trust’s employee benefits and perks hub, which included hundreds of retailer discounts and wellbeing portal
- Discounted gym memberships with Better Leisure
- SmartTech (ability to purchase electrical goods and pay back via salary)
- Travel Accounts (soon to be launched, ability to purchase holidays and pay back via salary)
- Simply Health Optimise Health Plan (providing opportunity for staff and their children to claim back healthcare costs, such as: Optician, Dentist, Osteopath, Physiotherapist, Chiropodist, Consultant fees, prescription charges)
- Occupational Health Support – including a 24/7 Thrive App
- Long Service Awards Vouchers
- Learning & Development/CPD opportunities
- Emergency Leave days
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Microsoft Office 365 Licences, you are able to use your work account to use excel, word and office packages on your home computer
- Eye Test Reimbursements
- First Aid & Fire Warden Allowances
We are committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Applicants should also be aware that an online search will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates.